- Grapes variety
- Nero D'Avola 100%
- Red IGP "Sicilian Lands"
- Bottle size
- 750 ml
- Soil typology
- Grown up in Sicily in a medium sandy ground at about 300m a.s.l. on a density of about 400 plants per hectare
- Production Area
- Contessa Entellina, altitude between 200 and 300 m a.s.l.
- Yield per hectare
- 100/120 q
- Training System
- Vertical trellis with goyot proning
- Harvest time
- Second ten days of September, during maturation phase
- Vinification technique
- Hand harvested grapes submitted to rasping and maceration, emerged for 8-10 days, all at controled temperature into stainless steel "fermentino". After drowing off it thins into stainless steel tanks for about three months.
- Intense red, with reflections of ruby
- Tasting notes
- It reminds the perfumes of blackberries and ripe cherries. Fresh, fragrant, full-bodied, enveloping, pleasantly taste, with a note of spicy. Great character, pleasently soft and intense to the palate.
- Technical characteristics
- Alcohol 13,5% vol
- Serving temperature
- 16-18°C into medium size glasses, can be uncorked at the moment.
- It pairs well to seasoned cheeses and roast meats